Monday 20 February 2023

PINEAPPLE PLANT NOW FRUITING IN MY GARDEN



I did complain about a pineapple plant in my garden which had refused to fruit after about two years. So I started cutting off it's parts about two weeks ago - mostly the leaves (hard, fibrous part) to manure some other crops e.g. maize plants.

 
To my surprise, some days ago, after I started decapitating the plant, the pineapple shoot emerged  - the fruit is growing.
What I am wondering now is if the emergence of this fruit after two long years is because I started cutting it's leaves off....Uuummm... since I have only one pineapple plant growing in a sack, I don't have another pineapple plant to test this hypothesis- even if I plant pineapple today I  would have to wait for another two years to experience that - meanwhile I want to go study herbal medicine.

 
Does anyone have pineapple plants of about two years  old and would like to cut some of the leaves to test this hypothesis? 😀 would be glad to know your finding.


OTHER GARDEN GIST
The leaves of the rounded tomatoes I planted are drying up.  Only one of the four plants produced few tomato  fruits  which I have harvested - I used in frying eggs and garnishing sauce.

 
No wonder those who grow tomatoes in dry season do so in a green house or under shades.

Rather than do nothing as the tomato plant wither, I have started  covering the plants with a cloth in the afternoons. I am also intensely applyling organic nitrogen source such as bean peels and soya bean chaff to manure. Let's see if it will work.

 
Applying this organic nitrogen sources intensely has worked well with pepper plant in the garden - that pepper plant has fruited and fruited relatively well. The nitrogen sources also help to make the drying ewedu leaves turn back to lush green.

 
Waiting to see the outcome  of covering the tomato plants - this mini-garden is primarily for experimenting afterall  - mini-garden researcher thinking deep.


#dryseasonplanting
#pineappleplant
#pineapplenowfruiting
#pureagriculture
#agricutureversusgoodhealth
#developingorganichairtreatment
#minigardenresearch
#growingcornindryseason
#growingcornallyearround
#throughbredseeds
#purebredseeds
#agricresearches

PINEAPPLE  PLANT NOW FRUITING IN MY GARDEN

I did complain about a pineapple plant in my garden which had refused to fruit after about two years. So I started cutting off it's parts about two weeks ago - mostly the leaves (hard, fibrous part) to manure some other crops e.g. maize plants.
To my surprise, some days ago, after I started decapitating the plant, the pineapple shoot emerged  - the fruit is growing.
What I am wondering now is if the emergence of this fruit after two long years is because I started cutting it's leaves off....Uuummm... since I have only one pineapple plant growing in a sack, I don't have another pineapple plant to test this hypothesis- even if I plant pineapple today I  would have to wait for another two years to experience that - meanwhile I want to go study herbal medicine.
Does anyone have pineapple plants of about two years  old and would like to cut some of the leaves to test this hypothesis? 😀 would be glad to know your finding.



OTHER GARDEN GIST
The leaves of the rounded tomatoes I planted are drying up.  Only one of the four plants produced three tomato  fruits  which I have harvested - I think I used one to get eggs and another to garnish sauce. The third I deposited into the sack of soil.
No wonder those who grow tomatoes in dry season do so in a green house or under shades-
Rather than do nothing, I have started  covering the plants with a cloth in the afternoons. I am also intensely applyling organic nitrogen source such as beans peels and soya bean chaff to manure. Let's see if it will work. Applying this organic nitrogen sources intensely has worked well with pepper plant in the garden - that plant has fruited and fruited relatively well. The nitrogen sources also helps to make the drying ewedu leaves turn back to lush green.


 
Waiting to see the outcome  of covering the tomato plants - this mini-garden is primarily for experimenting  - Mini-Garden Researcher thinking deep.



#dryseasonplanting
#pineappleplant
#pineapplenowfruiting
#pureagriculture
#agricutureversusgoodhealth
#developingorganichairtreatment
#minigardenresearch
#growingcornindryseason
#growingcornallyearround
#throughbredseeds
#purebredseeds
#agriculturalmedicine
#gardeningindryseason
#growingcropsindryseason
#growingcropsinsacks
#growingmaizeinsacks
#spaceconstrainedgarden
#gardeningincementedpremises
#gardeninginsacks
#growingplantsinsacks
#minigarden #urbangarden #urbangardening
#minigardening #integratedgardening #gardening #gardeninginsmallspaces #integratedgardeninginsmallspaces #spaceconstrainedurbangardening
#intercroppinginsoilsack.
#growingeweduinsack

No comments:

Post a Comment